VPC – VPC connections
- VPC Peering
- AWS Transit Gateway
- Private Link
External Network connectivity to AWS
- CGW — (IPSEC VPN) –> VGW -> VPC1
- CGW — (IPSEC VPN) –> TGW -> VPC1, VPC2
- CGW1, CGW2 — (IPSEC VPN HUB) -> VGW
- RTR — ( DX VIF) –> VGW -> VPC1
- RTR — ( DX VIF) –> TGW -> VPC1, VPC2
- RTR — ( DX VPN) –> VGW -> VPC1
- RTR — ( DX VPN) –> TGW -> VPC1, VPC2
- RTR — ( DX VIF) → DGW -> VGW
- RTR — ( DX VIF) → DGW -> TGW
AWS Transit Gateway
Components of Direct Connect
- Virtual Interfaces
What is a cross connect?
Cross-connections are hardware (cables, cords, and jumpers) that connect separate units of the facilities within a data center.
Types of connections
- Dedicated Connection: A physical Ethernet connection associated with a single customer.
- Hosted Connection: A physical Ethernet connection that an AWS Direct Connect Partner provisions on behalf of a customer. Customers request a hosted connection by contacting a partner in the AWS Direct Connect Partner Program, who provisions the connection.
How do you enable redundancy for connections?
A link aggregation group (LAG) is a logical interface that uses the Link Aggregation Control Protocol (LACP) to aggregate multiple connections at a single AWS Direct Connect endpoint, allowing you to treat them as a single, managed connection. LAGs streamline configuration because the LAG configuration applies to all connections in the group.
Types of Virtual Interfaces
- Private virtual interface: A private virtual interface should be used to access an Amazon VPC using private IP addresses.
- Public virtual interface: A public virtual interface can access all AWS public services using public IP addresses.
- Transit virtual interface: A transit virtual interface should be used to access one or more Amazon VPC Transit Gateways associated with Direct Connect gateways. You can use transit virtual interfaces with 1/2/5/10 Gbps AWS Direct Connect connections.
How do you use a Directconnect to VPCs in other accounts?
How do you connect VPCs with Direct Connect?
- Directconnect Location (DX) -> Directconnect gateway -> transit gateway
- Directconnect Location (DX) -> Directconnect gateway -> virtual private gateway
What are the benefits of Directconnect gateway?
- AWS Direct Connect Gateway allows you to establish connectivity that spans Virtual Private Clouds (VPCs) spread across multiple AWS Regions.
- Instead of establishing multiple BGP sessions for each VPC, you only need to establish a single BGP session with the Direct Connect Gateway per DX location. As the AWS Direct Connect Gateway is a global object, VPCs and DX locations in any location (except China) can be bridged.